Police looking for pair who robbed bank | News
BISHOPVILLE, SC (WIS)- Police are looking for two men wanted for robbing a bank in Bishopville Friday.
At about 9:15 a.m. Friday, Bishopville police say two armed men entered the NBSC bank on Church Street. They brandished handguns and ordered four tellers to the floor.
After taking the cash, the men ran off.
Nobody was injured.
Descriptions on the two suspects are vague as they were covered head to toe in black clothing and their faces were covered. One suspect was tall. The other was short.
This is the third bank robbery in Bishopville since July. The First Palmetto Savings bank, which is across the street from the NBSC bank, was robbed in July and August.
Police Chief Socrates Ledda said his department will increase patrols to try to prevent additional robberies, especially during the Christmas holiday.
If you have any information that could help investigators, call Crimestoppers at 1-888-Crime-SC.
Copyright 2012 WIS. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Owner of traveling animal exhibit says he's following the law
- The Fine Arts Center of Kershaw County & Kelley’s Fine Arts Announce New Dance Team, Summer Classes
- Lugoff Toyota Hosts Grand Opening of Redesigned Dealership
- Five stores cited for selling alcohol to minors
- SC State Museum Receives Collection of Historic Transistor Radios